.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

DIY Single Seam Dress w/ DIY Link



Hi Darlings!

I had to share my 2nd "fastest dress in the world to make" courtesy of Joann Fabric & Craft Stores. I made an orange print one earlier in the summer HERE and I just loved it because not only is it fast but it is so comfy to wear and you can choose to add strap or not.

Joann sent me this gorgeous print and within 10 minutes I had another dress. They also have a link on their site right now with directions on making your own with one single seam to sew. You can see that HERE  and they have different prints, lengths and styles HERE where you could make a skirt just as fast.

I had stayed away from these before because I foind the prints to be very young but now they have so many options that if you are new to sewing or just need a quick and easy project you could get this done in no time and look great.

Courtesy of Joann.com




 xoxo
Mimi G




18 comments:

  1. That fabric is gorgeous!!Heading over there right now (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I never get a response from the emails I send... Love the style. Taking sewing classes this fall.. Can't get here fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie Thank you. I get over 400 emails a day with questions, I try to respond to as many as I can.

      Delete
    2. ...Even though I never get a response from the emails I send'....Stephanie, who even says that?! You sound terribly unreasonable and very high maintenance! Give mimi a break! Sheesh!

      Delete
    3. That's not a nice comment at all Stephanie N. Without Mimi even saying that she gets 400 emails a day, you can tell that she is busy and has tons of comments on the blog that she takes the time to answer. If she doesn't answer you directly it's because the answer is already on her blog, or because she is incorporating the answer into one of her many helpful videos because MANY people asked the same question. So, like anonymous said "GIVE MIMI A BREAK!"

      Delete
    4. Thanks Ladies, I appreciate the support ;-) I try my best I really do so thank you for recognizing that.

      xoxo
      MG

      Delete
  3. Never thought about doing something as simple as this, now I have to. I love everything you do. Thanks for your Awesomeness MIMI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress MiMi. Thanks for sharing .Look forward to making some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress , so comfy. lol the pattern is so pretty on you. thx Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I generally dont leave you comments but this is the most beautiful dress in the wordl I love the colors - like a peacock and its just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While my Mom and I wore matching dresses like this when I was a child (but with spaghetti straps), I must say the prints have "grown up" beautifully - much more interesting than from 60 years ago. This print is glorious - my favorite colors, and the dress looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.