.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mimi G. Sneak Peeks + OOTD: DIY Wrap + Puffer

Happy Monday!! I am so excited for Christmas! There are so many things that I plan to do on my time off from my day job that I cannot wait to get started. I try my best to stay on top of things but having to split my time makes it hard to stay on track. I am almost finished with the new website and hopefully that will be up by January but definitely by Feb., LOL and I also have a sneak peek for you! 

I have been dying to have my own pattern collection and so I have begun working on the first pattern in the Mimi G Pattern Collection; it will be an easy to follow and construct FIRST pattern but I am excited and cant wait to release it! I also did some sewing this weekend for myself, yay me! and if you follow on FB you may have seen the sneak peek of the Vogue 8776 Cape  I am making (pattern on sale for $4.99) I cant wait to wear it but for now here is a little looksy on that too below ;-)

Get The Look

DIY Wrap M6168 (worn HERE) / Old Navy Grey Boots (old) Love THESE and THESE / Gap Puffer Jacket (similar) HERE / NY & Co. Necklace (old) / Forever 21 Leopard Tote (old) similar HERE






Sneak Peeks!



I cant wait to wear this cape but I need to cover my snaps in fabric and then do some hand sewing.


I am so excited about this ;-) stay tuned.

xoxo
Mimi G










8 comments:

  1. The cape is looking great. Such a vivid color! And congratulations on starting a pattern line. I am waiting with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just amazing! Can't wait to see the finished cape - where are the pics of the new dress????

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG,OMG, Mimi G. Patterns!!!!!!
    I can't wait!!!!
    I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy I found you and your fab Blog. I have falling in love with sewing and it is all because of you!!!! My 6 year old daughter even asked for a sewing machine for Christmas because she wants to sew like mommy :) I just want you to know how inspiring you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, I would have never thought to wear a vest over a long wrap. I can't wait to see your pattern collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very much looking forward to your patterns. I recall some months ago you mentioned releasing a T pattern. This really fills a gap! So many of the independent patterns are very retro/vintage and that is not an aesthetic that everybody embraces. If you ever get around to releasing a pant pattern Mimi there are people desperately searching for anything approaching a brazilian jean/pant pattern. I know that is a TALL order, but just had to put that out there. You have a great booty for a brazilian jean sloper [no pervert].

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.