.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Dress: Pattern Review of M6519 View C Modified

I have to really look beyond the pattern envelope pics sometimes to the line drawings because sometimes the pics on these pattern envelopes are awful! I did however find a little gem in M6519 (view c) so here is my review :)


Pattern Description: Dress has fitted, blouson, slightly gathered bodice. C and skirt D: wrap, right front pleats, back darts and purchased ribbon.

Pattern Sizing: I cut the 6

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes kind of.

Were the instructions easy to follow? They are easy to follow and there are not very many pieces so it actually sew's up rather quickly.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the wrap and the collar and I really liked that is was a little loose fitting at the bodice so that it creates a blouson effect.

Fabric Used: Cotton Jersey Print

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Well as you can see I added sleeves because I did not like the sleeveless look after I tried it on so thankfully I had enough fabric to draft some sleeves but you could use any sleeve from a fitted shirt pattern and make it work to save time. I also shortened it a quite a bit because you know I like it shawt! lol

Would you sew it again? Yes I am going to make it in a solid color.


Would you recommend it to others? Yes

Conclusion: I really love this dress and how it turned out!

xoxo
mimi g.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I want to try this pattern too, the collar is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is really flattering on you. Did you make any adjustments to the length of the skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Ann I did shorten it quite a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is beautiful! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, love the pattern. and it fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing is perfection! I love that you make your pieces very new age, instead of frumpy like the packages illustrate! Beautiful piece, yet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi chica, I have been following your blog for some time now, and I love, love, love your fashion-sense. You always look great! I'm taking a sewing class this summer @ vogue in Chicago. I hope I can become 1/4 the sewist you are. You ROCK!!!

    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is "wrap dress heaven"! What a beautiful dress! I have to add this dress to my sewing que. Great work, it looks equisite on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment ;-)

xoxo
mimi g.